Well this isn't really something hard to create. It's one of those meals when you have things in your cupboard but you want to do something a little different with it.
So one Saturday night I wanted to try something a little different with it. Why don't we fry it for a change? The texture is amazing, almost like a roast potato. Crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. Why hadn't I don't something like this before?
What you'll need:
x1 packet gnocchi (we used the one that you buy off the store shelf)
salt & pepper to season
chilli flakes (optional)
red pepper pesto
sundried tomatoes (optional)
fresh basil (optional)
rocket or any other salad leaves
How to make it:
1. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan.
2. Tip in the packet of gnocchi and lightly fry it until they turn light brown and crispy. Add the chilli flakes at this stage, then the sundried tomatoes.
3. Season well with salt & pepper, add some fresh basil and serve on top of the rocket or salad leaves.
4. Drizzle some red pepper pesto over the top and sprinkle with parmesean cheese.
5. Stuff your face and wonder why you hadn't done this before!