Monday 16 April 2012

Mmm, cookies!

Triple chocolate chip cookies
Sunday night and we've just stuffed our faces with yummy spicy lamb chops. Now I'm in the mood for something sweet.

A couple of months ago I made a lovely batch of triple chocolate chip cookies and to prevent us stuffing our faces for days with chocolate, I froze half of the dough for another time.

Sunday night was the 'other time'. I hadn't frozen cookie dough before, so I was a little sceptical that they might not work out right...oh boy was I wrong!

They tasted just as good as the first day I made them...and I couldn't resist nibbling on the uncooked dough as I was rolling them out for the baking tray.

I found the cookie recipe online and as one of the comments said, I substituted 25 grams of flour for 25 grams of rich cocoa powder. I also used a mixture of chocolate chips and a broken up chocolate bar of 70% cocoa that was in the back of the cupboard. I found that 11 minutes in my gas oven worked a treat, any longer and they would have burnt. The end result? VERY yummy rich chocolate cookies. What a way to finish the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment