Friday 13 April 2012

A very girlie post

Tape measures can be fun!
Now to get something off my chest. Or should I say something has left my chest.

About a year and a half ago, I was between a size 14 and 16. No one ever called me chubby, at least not to my face but I was never really happy. I joined the gym, cut out most of my bad eating habits and am now a size 10-12. I still eat (oh yes I love it), still indulge in booze and I do fall off the wagon every now and then, but I am human and not a machine, well, not in this life anyway.

I never thought I'd ever wear a bikini in public with the dreaded thighs and stomach, but now I thought I'd give it a go. There's one issue though. My rather generous bust has now gone to something like a couple of deflated balloons. Grr. 

Any women reading this will know exactly what I mean. The body is great at losing and putting on weight, but never where you want it. I'm very happy with the new me, but not so happy after trying on a swimsuit and bikini this afternoon. I think some extra padding is required, maybe some 'chicken fillets', though there would be nothing more embarrassing than them falling out when you are taking a dip. Maybe they'll help me float?

It's Friday night, I'm in my PJs, I've almost devoured a large bag of crisps and I'm eying up the bottle of wine in the fridge. Maybe the extra calories will go to my chest...we know it won't, but it's nice to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment